January 12, 2017
Virginia’s 11th Congressional District Democrats
invite you to our
John Sturdivant Award Brunch
Honoring a member of the labor community for his/her commitment to Democratic ideas & values. Announced at the brunch.
With special guest
Congressman Gerry Connolly
and other elected officials.
We will also present our 11th District Community Service Awards:
Senator Janet Howell
Joseph V Gartlan Award Fairfax County
Michael Bizek, Sr.
Deloris Hampton Award Prince William County
Frederick W Silverthorne Award Fairfax City
Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Esposito’s Restaurant
9917 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22031
Cost: $50 per person in advance; $55 at the door
Sponsorship levels: $100 | $250 | $500 | $1000
Reservations: Pay online at 11thdistrictdemocrats.org/sturdivant17
-OR- Print and mail in registration form
Gerry Connolly is appearing at this event as a special guest. Gerry Connolly is not soliciting funds or donations.
January 10, 2017
If you live in Virginia’s 11th Congressional District, your Congressman wants your input as priorities are set for this Congress. Provide your input at: https://connolly.house.gov/forms/form/?ID=3
August 17, 2016
Virginia’s 11th District Democrats invite you to our fourth annual
with special guest Congressman Gerry Connolly
Enjoy Irish food, the music of Shepherd’s Pie, and entertainment by the O’Neil James School of Irish Dance while supporting our work to elect Democrats up and down the ticket.
Sunday, September 18, 2016, 3:00 – 6:00pm
The Auld Shebeen Irish Pub & Restaurant – Cellar Venue
3971 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030
Buy Tickets Today
Cash bar available.
Download the flyer to pay by check at 11thdistrictdemocrats.org/hw2sp16flyer
Gerry Connolly is appearing at this event as a special guest.
Gerry Connolly is not soliciting funds or donations.
Paid for by Virginia’s 11th Congressional District Democratic Committee (www.11thdistrictdemocrats.org),
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
May 16, 2016
Thank you all for your participation in the 11th CD Convention, on Saturday May 14 at 10 am at Luther Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church (Merrifield). We heard from several of our elected officials, most notably our incumbent Congressman and 2016 nominee for reelection Gerry Connolly. Also with us were Senate Minority Leader Dick Saslaw, Lieutenant Governor Ralph Northam, and other elected officials.
The 11th CD had 7 slots for the National Convention in Philadelphia to elect, as follows:
- 4 woman delegates, 3 male delegates.
- 3 persons each to the state convention Rules and Credentials Committees.
- 1 presidential Elector from the 11th CD.
- Consideration of resolutions.
Here are the results:
Ten resolutions were affirmed.
The state convention will take place on Saturday, June 18. The Convention will be held at the Greater Richmond Convention Center in downtown Richmond. During the Convention, additional National Delegates, Electors, new DNC members will be selected. Additional activities will take place on the evening of Friday, June 17 and during the day of Saturday, June 18. The DPVA Jefferson Jackson Dinner will be evening of June 18, 7:00pm. More to come on this great weekend!
Further info on the state convention can be found at the DPVA website: http://vademocrats.org/convention-2016.
Thank you to the Co-chairs of our convention committees which enabled our success:
Credentials: Sue Langley and Rachel Rifkind
Resolutions: Sandra Klassen and John Jennison
Rules: Janet Carver and Keith Scarborough
May 12, 2016
2016 11th CD District Convention
Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:00 am
- WHO: Delegates and Alternates in the 11th Congressional District elected at city/ county caucuses (Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, and Prince William County), volunteers, guests
- WHAT: the Eleventh Congressional District Democratic Committee hereby announces that it will hold a District Convention
- WHEN: Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m., the District Convention opens promptly at 10:00 a.m., on Saturday, May 14, 2016
- WHERE: Luther Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church, Virginia 22042, Main Entrance
- to elect seven delegates to the 2016 Democratic National Convention,
- to nominate members of State Democratic Convention Credentials and Rules Committees,
- to select a Presidential Elector representing the Eleventh Congressional District in the 2016 general Presidential election,
- to consider resolutions, and
- to conduct such other business as may properly come before the Convention